Gnucash OS X Binary Popup Windows

Antoine Schweitzer-Chaput antoine at schweitzer-chaput.fr
Fri Sep 4 19:19:06 EDT 2009

There's another issue with these popup dialogs when they are displayed
during startup (typically Tip-of-the-day and Since-Last-Run): they are
pushed back to the background when the main window shows up.
I find this annoying especially in the case of Since-Last-Run since it
may require some manual action to validate overdue transactions but
may be unnoticed when in the background.

This occurs on both OSX versions (X11 and Quartz) but I think it's
more generic and is caused by the window display sequence during
startup:
1. the main window is created but remains hidden because it's not yet
populated
2. the book is opened and analyzed
3. the HOOK_BOOK_OPENED is executed causing the Since-Last-Run window
to be displayed
4. the main window is displayed

One way to solve this is to add a call to
gnc_main_window_show_all_windows() at the end of gnc_post_file_open()
just before calling gnc_book_opened(), but this doesn't sound like a
really good solution to me...
Maybe someone familiar with this part of the code would find a better
way?

Regards,

Antoine