New database backend and multi-user

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Sep 6 06:37:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm very interested to use the new db backend in the upcoming 2.4 series.

Thinking about this, I was wondering if the current implementation deals well
with multi-user access to the same db. I mean can two users from two different
computers use gnucash with the same (postgres or mysql) gnucash database at
the same time ?

I am aware that the db backend in the current implementation is mainly the xml
file concept translated into a db backend, but so far it's not clear to me if
this has implications for concurrent access to the db or not (when access is
properly done via the gnucash engine).

Regards,

Geert