Fedora 11 problems

Ian Leonard ian at smallworld.cx
Tue Sep 8 11:14:39 EDT 2009

2009/9/8 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>

> hi,
>
> Please remember to CC the list on all replies....
>
> Hi Derek, I'll blame gmail for that one.

>  Ian Leonard <ian at smallworld.cx> writes:
>
> > 2009/9/5 Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> > Hi Derek. Thanks for the quick reply. Answers below:
> >

> >     Quoting Ian Leonard <ian at smallworld.cx>:
> >
> >         Hi,
> >
> >         Fedora 11 includes version 2.2.9. My accounts were produced on
> Fedora
> >         Code
> >         6. When
> >         I try to open the file with the newer version I get a message
> like:
> >
> >         There was an error parsing the file path.xac
> >
> >         And that's it.
> >
> >     What's printed on the terminal?
> >

> > Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
> > gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "ct" unregistered
> > gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "configmgr" unregistered
> > gwenhywfar-INFO: plugin.c:  577: Plugin type "dbio" unregistered
> > [ian at dino Download]$ gnucash
> > Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
>
> Okay, this is normal...
>
> >     What's printed in /tmp/gnucash.trace?
> >

> > * 14:32:32  WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> no template account with name
> > [078c88574c969c326fbccebca959a21b]
> > * 14:32:32  WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> no template account with name
> > [1d5528ef64a304dc2b8c120b53c00526]
> > * 14:32:32  WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> no template account with name
> > [de6e90b49f6f38822c8feb70d9d03f75]
> > * 14:32:32  WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> no template account with name
> > [d2ee454a634a0903397954e350ce29d0]
> > * 14:32:32  WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> no template account with name
> > [7d2f4ee3b8390da842ed85c591bb4db1]
> > * 14:32:32  WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> no template account with name
> > [e3e4effa0b670f77cbfcf7b39c097011]
> > * 14:32:32  WARN <gnc.backend.file.sx> no template account with name
> > [7027d699f12fabc0c4754a332eadfa7c]
>
> This means there's an issue with your Scheduled Transactions...

Yes. But it was just a warning. Do you think this is the cause of my
problems?

I can redo those if they can be unpicked from the data file.

>  >         Seeing that 2.2.9 is a bit old, I downloaded the source for
> 2.3.5
> >         however
> >         'configure'
> >         stops with:
> >
> >     2.3.5 is an alpha-release.
> >     2.2.9 is the most recent stable release.
> >     You should stick with 2.2.9.  We'll help you get it working.
> >
> > I just tried to compile 2.2.9. I get the same GtkHTML error below.
>
> Why would you compile 2.2.9?  F11 ships it.

Indeed it does. However it didn't work so I thought I would try recompiling
in case there was
some sort of library incompatibility.

>  >         checking for libgtkhtml-3.14... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> --silence-errors
> >         --exists libgtkhtml-3.14
> >         no
> >         configure: error: Goffice uses Cairo/GtkPrint but didn't find
> GtkHTML
> >         with
> >         GtkPrint support
> >
> >         I seem to have libgtkhtml-3.14 but can't see the .pc file
> anywhere.
> >
> >         Any advice would be appreciated.
> >
> >     you don't have the -devel package installed.
> >
> > I guess not. But I couldn't find. The closest I have found so far is
> > gtkhtml2-devel. This
> > provides libgtkhtml-2.0.pc but not libgtkhtml-3.14.pc.
>
> Right, you need libgtkhtml3-devel or something like that..  Running
> 'yum search gtkthml | grep devel' gives me:
>
> gtkhtml2-devel.i386 : Libraries, includes, etc to develop Gtkhtml2
> applications
> gtkhtml3-devel.i386 : Libraries, includes, etc to develop gtkhtml
> applications
> ruby-gtkhtml2-devel.i386 : Development libraries and header files for
>
> > I'll keep looking.
>
> It's not very hard to find......  It took me a whole 20 seconds.

Not for me:

yum search gtkthml
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Warning: No matches found for: gtkthml
No Matches found

 However, assuming you right and:

yum install gtkhtml3-devel

works!

So I have recompiled it and it is still doing the same thing. This may be no
surprise, but it was
worth a try.

What can I try now?

Thanks.