OS X & .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Sep 10 17:40:05 EDT 2009

On Sep 10, 2009, at 12:35 PM, G. W. Pigman III wrote:

> The dmg gnucash doesn't appear to read ~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash.  How
> does one set a larger default font?  It's awfully small on a Macbook
> Pro.
>
> Thanks, John, for rebuilding the bundle; that fixed the startup
> problem with gconf.

Hmm. Try using /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/etc/
gtk-2.0/gtkrc.gnucash.

The gtk theme stuff doesn't really understand about finding user
resources from inside of app bundles. Gconf does it by using dbus, an
approach I'd like to replace someday because of dbus's hard-coded
paths (which is what tripped gconf).

Regards,
John Ralls