OS X & .gtkrc-2.0.gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Sep 10 18:33:13 EDT 2009

On Sep 10, 2009, at 2:55 PM, G. W. Pigman III wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2009, at 2:40 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>
>>> The dmg gnucash doesn't appear to read ~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash.  How
>>> does one set a larger default font?  It's awfully small on a
>>> Macbook Pro.
>>
>> Hmm. Try using /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/etc/
>> gtk-2.0/gtkrc.gnucash.
>
> No luck: nothing happens.

Then I'll hazard a guess that it's because there's no theme engine
running, so nothing is actually looking at the gtkrc.gnucash file.
I'll have to poke at that a bit, I guess.

I have built gnucash with the gtk-osx-engine theme engine, but I found
it to be less than satisfactory and took it out. I think that the
Tango engine has been tested with quartz in the past, and I've heard
that Clearlooks might work.

I won't be able to get to that for a couple of weeks, I'm afraid.

Regards,
John Ralls