[OSX] 2.3.5 with DBI & SQLite

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 11 17:10:15 EDT 2009

I finally got Webkit-Gtk to build, so I finished building
Gnucash-2.3.5 with DBI support. Libdbi-drivers is built with Sqlite3
using /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib which is distributed as part of Core
Data. So far so good, everything built with no errors.

When I went to try it out, though, it's not working: The File>Save As
dialog box presents only XML as a save option. I looked through
config.log to make sure that it found the dbi stuff (it did). What
else should I look for before I start debugging?

(On the other hand, the Webkit rendering works fine and is
substantially faster than Gtkhtml. The downside is that Webkit itself
uses Objective C++, which isn't available for 10.4 Tiger, so there
will have to be a separate binary for Tiger.)

Regards,
John Ralls