[OSX] 2.3.5 with DBI & SQLite

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 14 10:40:24 EDT 2009

On Sep 14, 2009, at 10:02 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us> writes:
>
>> I finally got Webkit-Gtk to build, so I finished building
>> Gnucash-2.3.5 with DBI support. Libdbi-drivers is built with Sqlite3
>> using /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib which is distributed as part of Core
>> Data. So far so good, everything built with no errors.
>>
>> When I went to try it out, though, it's not working: The File>Save As
>> dialog box presents only XML as a save option. I looked through
>> config.log to make sure that it found the dbi stuff (it did). What
>> else should I look for before I start debugging?
>>
>> (On the other hand, the Webkit rendering works fine and is
>> substantially faster than Gtkhtml. The downside is that Webkit itself
>> uses Objective C++, which isn't available for 10.4 Tiger, so there
>> will have to be a separate binary for Tiger.)
>
> Does this mean we couldn't build Webkit-GTK on a 10.4.8 machine?
>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> -derek

webkit-gtk 1.1.10 does work with osx 10.4 and 10.5. There are a bunch
of tweaks that fink uses to get around various issues (package name:
webkit-1.0.2, version 1.1.10).

There are a bunch of issues with the webkit-gtk JIT compiler in
versions 1.1.10 - 1.1.14 which prevent building recent webkit-gtk
versions on osx 10.6. Curiously, a prerelease snapshot of 1.0.1 works
for me on 10.6, so that's what I'm using at the moment.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net