AqBanking4 config (was: [OSX] Webkit)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 17 23:04:58 EDT 2009

On Sep 17, 2009, at 2:04 AM, Martin Preuss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Donnerstag, 17. September 2009, David Reiser wrote:
> [...]
>> One dependency change to be aware of: aqbanking 4 stores its
>> configuration files in a different directory (~/.aqbanking) than does
>> aqbanking 3 (~./banking). There is no conversion utility available,
>> so
>> users will have to re-enter their user login data when aqbanking is
>> upgraded from 3 to 4. The big plus for upgrading is that version 4
>> has
> [...]
>
> That's not entirely true: AqBanking4 includes a tool called
> "aqbanking-cli".
> This tool has the command "updateconf" which tries exactly that:
> Upgrading a
> previous configuration and make it usable by AqBanking4.
>

> Regards
> Martin
>

> --
> "Things are only impossible until they're not"
>
> Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
> AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
> LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/

Great. Thanks. The docs on that are a bit thin...

It looks to me like settings information was stored in:
~/.banking for version 2
~/.aqbanking for version 3
~/.aqbanking/settings for version 4

I'm thinking of running 'aqbanking-cli upgradeconf' as a post install
step for  aqbanking 4 if the directory ~/.aqbanking/settings doesn't
exist. Is that a terribly unsafe approach?

My concern is that a user will upgrade to a new version of gnucash for
which I've specified aqbanking 4 as a dependency. They'll open
gnucash, discover they can't get transactions for their previously
defined accounts, and then open the setup wizard to see what's
happening. If the aqbanking/settings directory gets populated, they
won't be able to upgrade from their prior definitions unless they
eliminate the (mistakenly) created version 4 information. How far
would they have to get in the setup wizard to make the aqbanking-cli
upgrade attempt fail because the version 4 configuration already exists?

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net