Importing Invoices & Expense Reports

Jeremy Andrews jeremy at tag1consulting.com
Fri Sep 18 21:23:06 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm using GnuCash for managing the finances for my small consulting
company.  I currently track hours with a couple of custom open source
Drupal modules [1] [2], and each month I run reports which I then
manually turn into GnuCash invoices.  I'm hoping to remove this manual
step, as it's time consuming and error prone.

My question is:  what is the simplest format that I could export reports
to, which could then be imported into GnuCash to generate invoices?  I
need a solution that works with the current stable 2.2.x branch.  I see
a number of options under the Import menu, but I'm not sure which format
is best suited to what I'm trying to do or even which formats are easy
to generate from PHP code.

I would like to export/import data to generate business custom invoices,
and also data to generate business employee expense reports.

Thanks!
 -Jeremy

[1] http://drupal.org/project/support
[2] http://drupal.org/project/support_timer