Glade and preferences dialog

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 23 17:13:16 EDT 2009

Hi
Sorry about this, some gtk beginners questions.

I am looking at how to add an option to the preferences dialog.  I see
where this is defined in preferences.glade and deduce that I should
use Glade to edit it.

First question, do I need a particular version of Glade?  The one in
the Ubuntu 9.10 repository is 2.12.2 so it would be good if that were
ok.

Once I have an appropriate version of Glade do I open
preferences.glade with it and off I go, with the help of the glade
docs?

I wish to save the setting of my new checkbox, it seems that this is
done via apps_gnucash_general.schemas.in.  Is this coded by hand or is
there a tool for this also.

Colin