r18354 - gnucash/trunk/src/register/ledger-core - Fix bug when register running balance column appears in template transaction.

Tim M tim at filmchicago.org
Wed Sep 30 18:23:33 EDT 2009

Hmm was this a bug in 2.2.6? I've been using it as a benchmark (ubuntu
9.04 isn't up to date with 2.2.9), and all registers and templates in
2.2.6 display this extra blank column on the right side but I see the
2.3.6 trunk does not.

If the blank column shouldn't be there, I have made a patch to use a
different column count for the template register so that gnucash
doesn't expect more columns than are defined. Ill upload the patch
later.

P.s. sorry for some messages not going to the mailing list, I've been
sending them from a new phone and didn't realize my mistake.

On 9/30/09, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tim M <tim at filmchicago.org> writes:
>
>> I should note that when testing this patch, I also tried setting the
>> RATE_CELL
>> to column 7 for the template register (8 for non-template) and leaving
>> column
>> 8 blank, but I was told that the RATE_CELL needs to be the last column.
>> When
>> I tested a build with the RATE cell in col 7 for the template register,
>> the
>> 5px empty column did appear to the right of the template register.
>
> Right, because you were telling it that there are 9 columns but only
> telling it about 8.
>
>> Another option if no empty columns are allowed would be to either a)
>> create a
>> BLANK_CELL type and use that to fill the void, or b) also set the number
>> of
>> columns for the GENERAL_LEDGER to 8 for template registers instead of 9
>> which
>> is required to add the running balance column.
>
> The latter approach is easier -- just tell it the correct number of
> columns.
>
>> -Tim
>
> -derek
>
>> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>>     Christian Stimming <cstim at code.gnucash.org> writes:
>>
>>     > -        gnc_table_layout_set_cell (layout, curs, RBALN_CELL, 0, 7);
>>     > +        if (!reg->is_template)
>>     > +        {
>>     > +          gnc_table_layout_set_cell (layout, curs, RBALN_CELL, 0,
>> 7);
>>     >          gnc_table_layout_set_cell (layout, curs, RATE_CELL, 0, 8);
>>
>>     Is it okay to skip a column like this?
>>
>>     -derek
>>     --
>>           Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
>>           Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
>>           warlord at MIT.EDU                        PGP key available
>>

> --

Sent from my mobile device