Loss of business data running a python script to manipulate gnucash data.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Apr 1 10:57:18 EDT 2010

Zitat von Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk>:
> Now that I understand that a bit better and having compiled and
> installed with python bindings.  I have another problem.
>
> Running the simplest possible test program:
>
> I find all the Customer, Vendor and Invoice data are missing from
> the database
> after running.  Looking at the output I don't see any SQL for querying the
> business tables.  I've pasted the output below.

I guess this is a similar error to what I've seen in the early days of
the cutecash experiment: The python bindings (or your python code)
have probably forgotten to initialize the "business-core" and
"business-sql" modules of gnucash, which means the business data types
are not known and reading or writing of them from/to XML or SQL will
fail.

I don't know exactly where this has to be fixed, but it will be
somewhere where the gnucash modules are initialized...

Regards,

Christian