Remove internal srfi's

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Apr 4 08:28:24 EDT 2010

On Sunday 4 April 2010, Geert Janssens wrote:
> Coming back to an old thread... see
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2010-March/027641.html
>
> The thread indicates that if our own sfri's are not pulled in when building
> against guile 1.6, they can be safely removed from our source.
>
> The only platform that is still using guile 1.6 is Windows. (I tried moving
> the windows build to guile 1.8.x but failed. I have given up on that
>  attempt for now).
I realize this statement is not 100% accurate. Debian Lenny still builds
GnuCash with guile 1.6.8. I have no way to test if our own srfi's are pulled
on that platform. I assume not, since 1.6.8 is also the guile version on
Windows.

In any case, I still think the srfi's can be removed, because guile 1.8.x is
also readily available on lenny. So if guile 1.6 would cause any issues the
lenny packager could simply choose to build the gnucash 2.3+ against 1.8.

Geert