Double taxing

Sebastien Daniel sebastien.daniel at nexwave.ca
Fri Apr 2 18:20:45 EDT 2010

I'm not sure where I should address this, or who I should ask...(beg)...
for this addition, but here is a particular situation from Provinces in
Canada, where we have two cumulative taxes.
Here is how it works:

*Taxes:*
TPS (5%) = federal tax
TVQ (7.5%) = provincial tax

The total taxation is 12.875% (TPS*TVQ, not TPS + TVQ)

We need to account for both taxes in different accounts, and up to there
we have no problem, the problem starts with INVOICES.
We can only charge one tax, and the only (non-viable) solution I have
found was to charge TPS&TVQ as one tax at 12.875%... but that
complicates things when comes time to account both tax accounts.

Would it be possible to add a functionnality to GNUcash, for invoices
and tax-tables, where you can create a new tax table with cumulative taxes?

thank you

Nexwave, le Web et la TI pour la petite entreprise
1390 rue de Dorval
Sherbrooke, Qc
J1H 4L1

Sebastien Daniel