reports, template/library proposal -- LAML

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Apr 16 11:58:29 EDT 2010

Am Freitag, 16. April 2010 schrieb Laimonas Vėbra:
> If gnucash reporting is moving towards webkit (full featured html
> engine), shouldn't we consider using/choosing some kind of mature
> (html/xml), standards-aware „templating“ engine/solutions, such as LAML:
>
> http://www.cs.aau.dk/~normark/laml/
>
> instead of pseudo templating (unstable, unsteady, poor solution) such as
> eguile-gnc, which makes writing reports still complicated, inelegant.

I don't know LAML or any other potential options so far. Can you explain /
outline a bit how using LAML will result in more "mature" or "standards-aware"
report writing? From looking at the page, I don't immediately see how this
would make our reports any more readable or easier to be written for
newcomers...

Regards,

Christian