GnuCash Server Email Failure

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 19 17:26:53 EDT 2010

Hi,

You may have noticed that the GnuCash lists were quiet over the
weekend.  The GnuCash server uses ClamAV for virus checking, and the
system is set up to queue mail in the event that the ClamAV milter fails
to operate.

On April 15 the ClamAV people pushed out an update that effectively
turned off ClamAV for users of versions older than 1 year.
Unfortunately the GnuCash server was running a version that fell into
their "too old" category and therefore picked up the "timebomb" update
and shut down.

Normally I detect this pretty quickly but I took a weekend vacation and
was therefore offline for about three days.  I found out about the issue
this morning (Monday, April 19), so I backported a newer version of
ClamAV and then this afternoon installed and configured it.

Mail should now be flowing.

I appologize for any inconvenience.

Have a good week.