Cannot open

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 2 15:35:38 EDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 2:22 PM, hawki wrote:

> The source forge latest is 2.2.9.4 for Intel
>
> I don't know enough to do anything but download and double click. This used
> to work fine, but mysteriously my gnucash will no longer open, but rather I
> get an OS message "Type your password to allow osascript to make changes".
>
> If I do this nothing seems to happen.
>
> However, if I double click the mounted dmg , I get the same request for
> password, but then gnucash opens beautifully. So as a work around I can
> always mount the image and run it that way.

No, the latest is 2.2.9.5, though the link on the gnucash website is for 2.2.9.4.

If you can't follow simple directions (and I think the ones I gave you are pretty simple), then there's nothing anyone here can do to help you. Perhaps you can hire a local tech to come help you. But one has to wonder that if that's the case, how are you able to use a rather complex program like Gnucash?

In any case, this is a list for developers working on the latest Gnucash and those testing it. You have issues related to using the stable release, so please have your tech use gnucash-users at lists.gnucash.org for any further questions.

Regards,
John Ralls