Manual and Guide Versions in the documentation

Thomas Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Wed Aug 4 12:40:30 EDT 2010

<<snip>>

the main Gnucash page (www.gnucash.org) includes release announcements that include substantial lists of changes from version to version. I don't know if the lists are exhaustive, but they are sure exhausting to wade through.

There may be a better way to get this information, since I believe it's culled from svn somehow.

David
<</snip>>

Hi David,

Thanks for pointing out the lists of changes.  I have scanned the current page and see what you mean.

It looks like among what is there I could get an idea of the kinds of changes that occur.  A lot of the present entries mention bug fixes.  I hope to identify main software enhancements, the end results of all the individual correcting steps.  It is certainly a place not to be overlooked.

The present pages documents only from version 2.3.7 thru 2.3.14.  I have to review from 2.0.0 to 2.4 (whenever that is released), so I have a much bigger list.  Do you know where I can get changes listed from 2.0.0 thru 2.3.6?

Thanks.

Tom