Do we now have a database locking for sqlite/mysql/postgresql?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Aug 11 16:08:41 EDT 2010

Gnucash 2.3.x and also 2.4.0 will in no way be multi-user enabled. Instead,
each time more than one user (or: more than one instance of gnucash) accesses
the same database backend, data loss will occurr almost inevitably. To prevent
that, for XML files we create an extra lock file and display a big red warning
sign in case it already exists. Because of the non-existence of multi-user
capabilities, we *must* ship with a similar database lock in case the backend
is not XML but sqlite3 or mysql or postgresql (depending on the available dbi
drivers).

I've asked this before, and the conclusion was that a lock on the full
database is probably easiest and also sufficient. Is such a lock already in
place? Will it work for all three existing dbi drivers?

I couldn't recall reading about this in the commit logs, so I thought I simply
ask here directly. Thanks!

Regards,

Christian