aqbanking5 support of gnucash

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Thu Aug 12 16:21:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Donnerstag 12 August 2010, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Am Thursday 12 August 2010 schrieb Martin Preuss:
[...]
> Hm... While writing this, it occurred to me the copying to import-
> export/aqbanking5 might indeed be the better way in the long run. That
> solution would be the only one that ensures the old aqbanking4 code will
> continue to work as expected. So that's probably what I would recommend for
> anyone who wants to implement correct support of aqbanking5 in gnucash.
>  And, as Martin explained, in that new directory one can benefit from all
>  the GUI- handling simplifications which are now implemented by Martin in
>  aqbanking5.
[...]

While I would also vote in favour of starting a new folder for that the
changes necessary wouldn't be that big;  reorganizing the code the way I
proposes would still work with AqBanking4, because even AqBanking4 had
AB_Gui_Extend.

And as I wrote: You could also continue using your own code for the dialogs.
You would only need to create a Gtk2Gui object as a base object for AqBanking5
while for AqBanking4 you would continue to use GWEN_Gui_new().

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/