aqbanking5 support of gnucash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Aug 17 12:58:52 EDT 2010

Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> writes:

>> So I think GnuCash 2.4 needs to support AqB 3, 4, and 5.
>
> FWIW, I'm not intending (as Fedora maintainer) to update Fedora 12
> to 2.4.x. My plans, as of now:
>
> EPEL 5 - 2.2.x
> Fedora 12 - 2.2.x
> Fedora 13, 14 - 2.4.x
> EPEL 6 - 2.4.x

Perhaps you're not planning to update the package, but I know that *I*
as a developer want to still use FC12.

With our 12-month rule this means we should still support version 3.

John says:
> I think you have that backward. The distros provide aqbanking because
> Gnucash and KMyMoney require it. If we don't drive them to upgrade,
> they won't.

Sure...  2.2.x only supported version 3, not 4 or 5.  So there was no
need for the distro to push out newer versions.  But just because we
still support an older version (in order to support slightly-older
distributions) does not imply that vendors shouldn't update the
dependencies in newer releases.

If I was talking about FC10 I'd completely agree with you, but FC12 was
only released 7ish months ago, so I think we should continue to support
it (and its dependency set).