2.3.15.1 OS X: new file not properly bound

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 28 12:32:50 EDT 2010

On Aug 27, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Matthew MacLeod wrote:

>>> If I try to enter a description that begins with the letter "N,"
>>> gnucash opens a new file. Next to new file in the file menu is "N,"
>>> not command-N, so  I assume that new file is not properly bound.
>> Darn. I thought I had that problem fixed. In the short term, try
>> copying Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/gnucash/ui/osx-accel-map
>> to  ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash/accelerator-map. That
>> should fix the no-modifier accelerators; some of them will still be
>> "control" for reasons that elude me at the moment, but at least
>> you'll be able to type in the register.
>
> Hi John,
>
> I had the same problem with 2.3.15.1 on OS X, hadn't seen it before.
> The solution above gave me back my "r"s and "n"s.

Good. I'm still working on this. There are two problems: One is that I put the map-loading in the wrong place so it gets replaced by the saved map. That part is fixed. The other problem is that some of the accelerators are staying as control-foo instead of command-foo. It seems that in Gtk+-2.20, plugins are able to overwrite the loaded map with their defaults when they are loaded. This didn't seem to be a problem for Gtk+-2.18.

Regards,
John Ralls