Custom Reports Mgration from 2.2.9 to 2.3.17?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Dec 3 23:39:47 EST 2010

On Dec 3, 2010, at 5:03 PM, David T. wrote:

> Can anyone shed light on why my custom reports did not migrate from 2.2.9 to 2.3.17? Currently, none of them have (Mac OSX), and that is problematic. Is there something I should look for, or something I should do to salvage them?

Sorry, your thread got hijacked by Anthony. I thought I'd replied to your message too, but it looks like I didn't.

UpdateDirs should have copied (not moved) your config files, including saved reports, from ~/.gnucash to ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash. Please see if they're there. (If you had them somewhere else, like inside the 2.2.9 app bundle, then it's up to you to copy them over.)

I have no idea where the ~/Library/Gnucash-version folders came from. 2.3.x (for x >= 10, IIRC) makes the link for fooling hardcoded paths in /Library, not ~/Library -- and 2.2.9 put it in /opt. What's in them?

I'll have to look at the report loading code... it should pay attention to $GNC_DOT_PATH (set to ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash in the launcher script). If it isn't, it's a bug and I'll fix it. The whole reason for changing from .gnucash to App Support was to expose those files to Finder and Spotllight.

Does equile need an extra library or module that isn't in the bundle?

Regards,
John Ralls