Custom Reports Mgration from 2.2.9 to 2.3.17?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 20:36:15 EST 2010

--- On Sat, 12/4/10, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> From: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
> Subject: Re: Custom Reports Mgration from 2.2.9 to 2.3.17?
> To: "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "devel gnucash" <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>
> Date: Saturday, December 4, 2010, 6:06 PM
>
> On Dec 4, 2010, at 4:52 PM, David T. wrote:
>
> > Well, this is odd. Here is the first thing in
> ~/Library:
> >
> > dhtmbp:Library david$ ls -l G*
> > Gnucash-2.2.9:
> > total 0
> > drwxr-xr-x    3 david
> david   102 Mar 11  2010 Library
> > drwxr-xr-x  121 david  david  4114 Mar
> 11  2010 bin
> > drwxr-xr-x    6 david
> david   204 Mar 11  2010 etc
> > drwxr-xr-x   33 david  david
> 1122 Mar 11  2010 include
> > drwxr-xr-x    7 david
> david   238 Mar 11  2010 info
> > drwxr-xr-x  103 david  david  3502 Mar
> 11  2010 lib
> > drwxr-xr-x    3 david
> david   102 Mar 11  2010 man
> > drwxr-xr-x   36 david  david
> 1224 Mar 11  2010 share
> > drwxr-xr-x    3 david
> david   102 Mar 11  2010 var
> >
> > Gnucash-2.3.x:
> > total 0
> > drwxr-xr-x    3 david
> david   102 Mar 13  2010 Library
> > drwxr-xr-x  200 david  david  6800 Mar
> 13  2010 bin
> > drwxr-xr-x   14 david
> david   476 Mar 13  2010 etc
> > drwxr-xr-x   80 david  david
> 2720 Mar 13  2010 include
> > drwxr-xr-x   10 david
> david   340 Mar 13  2010 info
> > drwxr-xr-x  281 david  david  9554 Mar
> 13  2010 lib
> > drwxr-xr-x   11 david
> david   374 Mar 13  2010 libexec
> > drwxr-xr-x    3 david
> david   102 Mar 13  2010 man
> > drwxr-xr-x    3 david
> david   102 Mar 13  2010 sbin
> > drwxr-xr-x   58 david  david
> 1972 Mar 13  2010 share
> > drwxr-xr-x    5 david
> david   170 Mar 13  2010 var
> >
> > the Gnucash-2.2.9 folder is 131.1 MB; the
> Gnucash-2.3.17 is 301 MB. I'll note that the app bundles are
> 121 MB and 221 MB respectively. That's a lot of stuff.
> >
> > I do see the folder in Library/Application Support,
> and config.user there included an absolute reference to the
> duplicate report file. So, I think that explains how it kept
> helpful, and does practically nothing to help a user resolve
> the problem (what user is going to know what a guid is, let
> alone how to find the report that has it hidden away
> somewhere, and then change this hidden data elemant?).
>

> Those are installation directories which are the result of
> you building Gnucash yourself with prefix set to
> ~/Library/Gnucash-2.2.9  and ~/Library/Gnucash-2.3.x .
> They're bigger than the bundle because there are a lot of
> extra files that are needed to build everything that aren't
> needed to run Gnucash.

Mea culpa. Those other folders are my own doing then. It's another example of "Never trust David to remember the crazy sh*t he's tried in the past." I will assume I can delete those folders, since I'm using your .app files now.

I will note that ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash has both saved-reports-2.0 AND saved-report-2.4. 2.0 has my custom reports; 2.4 has only a single new report I just saved. Replacing 2.4 with the 2.0 file, I get duplicate guid errors for all my old reports. I also get a note about upgraded reports. Restoring the skeletal 2.4 file confirms that the custom reports aren't there.

David