GnuCash Companion for Android

avvari.shyam avvari.shyam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 11:30:36 EST 2010

Hi all... I am a GNC user and wanted to be able to small things on my android
phone on the fly. Luckily I am also a Java/Android developer so I have
started developing a companion for android. The android application will be
very simple and basic to simple stuff like add transaction or invoice on the
phone. I have planned following features for the application:

1. The application works with the Gzipped XML file of the GNC and updates
the same file. So the user should use somthing like Dropbox on phone and
desktop to access the same file from both places.
2. The phone application has three tabs, Account summary, Quick entry and
Other options.
3. On the phone the user can display the account balances, but not
edit/create accounts.
4. In quick entry, the user will be able to create transaction, invoice and
expense entries
5. Other options include, VIEW customers, vendors, employees, jobs, and "MAY
BE" some reports
6. The data will be saved back to the same file so that the user can use
that on desktop aswell. No SQL based application is planned yet.
7. App will be installed to SD card by default.

Here are some screenshots of the development so far.
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n3071332/GNC1.jpg

http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n3071332/GNC2.jpg

http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n3071332/GNC3.jpg

The app will be free on market and will be open source aswell. However to
make it work i need some of you to help me out, with some icons and
translations and may be even with coding...

Just wanted to find out how many people will be interested and anyone there
help.. also any suggestions welcome...