GnuCash Companion for Android

avvari.shyam avvari.shyam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 16:33:47 EST 2010

There is currently jcashlib (I can't remember what it's called) which is a
java
> gnucash file reader.  Should we look at jni wrappers for the gnucash
> engine so
> that this project or others can use it?
>
>  Phil

Hi Phil, it would be great if you can find that and let me know what it is
and where i can download and read manuals about it.

I am planning to use DOM parser for reading and updating the data file. Some
forums said that DOM parser is usually heavy on runtime, so I was planning
to write the parser in a class, use the class to read the required data when
app is opened, finalize the class, and reopen the class when save is
triggered. This way open and close would be a bit slow, but during run time
it wont be that heavy.

Any help with the JNI stuff is much appriciated.

Shyam