New to development list

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Dec 15 03:16:28 EST 2010

Dear Ryan,

thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the project.

If you already have some ideas that you would like to contribute, I
would suggest you should directly go ahead and try to implement some
first steps for your ideas. You can then send your code patches here
to the list and ask for further suggestions and ideas, which will then
get you connected to the other developers which are interested in your
particular areas. Generally, developers who are working on their own
ideas ("scratching their personal itch") will also be the most
productive in terms of overall project progress.

Having said that, the bugzilla bug lists as reachable from here
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash will show which
features are most wanted. In particular, the list of open issues with
milestone 2.4.0 as shown here
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=GnuCash&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&target_milestone=2.4.0
indicate that we definitely need some documentation updates very soon.
If you feel inclined to work on that area, your contributions are
greatly appreciated, but any other area is fine as well.

I guess you have already read http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development
and we try to keep that page up-to-date, showing the suggested ways of
contributing patches and so on.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Christian