build version and date

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Dec 16 08:21:39 EST 2010

Zitat von Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>:
>> > The last couple of times that I've done an 'svn update' and rebuilt my
>> > working copy of gnucash, I've noticed that the splash screen shows
>> > 'built from svn r19910 on 2010-12-06' even though this is not the
>> > case.
>>
>> Same problem here since a couple of days. No update of the working
>> version since 19913.
>
> The svn version is read from a generated file, gnc-svninfo.h. This file has
> recently been moved to another directory. It's possible that the old file is
> still available and being found before the new file.
>
> Can you try with a clean checkout ?

Alternatively and/or additionally, we can #include the new generated
file with the directory component as well, i.e., #include
"core-utils/gnc-svninfo.h" (with the suitable adaptions in the CFLAGS
in Makefile.am). This would make completely sure that only the correct
generated file is being read.

Christian