build version and date

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Dec 16 19:56:22 EST 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> On Thu, December 16, 2010 5:03 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
>>> my
>>> the
>>> seeing

>>> The svn version is read from a generated file, gnc-svninfo.h. This file
>>> has
>>> recently been moved to another directory. It's possible that the old
>>> file
>>> is still available and being found before the new file.
>>
>> I've implemented the include path with directory. This way, the new file
>> should be picked correctly now. Does it work with r19952 and higher again?
>
> I'm scared this might break different build scenarios, like building
> outside the sourcedir.  The sources as-is certainly build from a clean
> checkout.  Maybe just force-remove the file during "clean" in the old
> location?

Indeed, that was Mike's original reason for moving it from gnome-utils: I had added a path include in the sql backend for recording the revision number in the database for change control.

If core-utils is specified with a -I directive in Makefile, then writing #include <gnc-version.h> instead of #include "gnc-version.h" should ensure that the leftover one in gnome-utils isn't picked up.

Regards,
John Ralls