build version and date

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Dec 17 14:41:33 EST 2010

Am Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > I've implemented the include path with directory. This way, the new file
> > should be picked correctly now. Does it work with r19952 and higher
> > again?
>
> I'm scared this might break different build scenarios, like building
> outside the sourcedir.  The sources as-is certainly build from a clean
> checkout.  Maybe just force-remove the file during "clean" in the old
> location?

I verified it doesn't break an out-of-source build because that's how I build
always. I am hesitating to add a step during the build that should remove
something which shouldn't be there in the first place, so I'd rather just
leave it as-is after my commit. The #include with directory name unambiguously
refers to the new file, so IMHO there isn't any need to change this further.

As for the #include<...> vs. #include"...": Those are the subtleties of C
which I always immediately forget. I'd rather stick to a solution which
doesn't rely on the correct usage of those rather subtle syntax differences...

Regards,

Christian