Close books trashes Income Statement and Net Income on Balance Sheet

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Sun Feb 7 12:39:04 EST 2010

This one has tripped me up as well. In the business world, there often
is either January 1st which is a non-business day to put the
transactions on. The "fake day" is also another option.

There are implications past just the ones indicated in an earlier post
-- most accounts are impacted, as are budgets, if they include
book-close transactions.

Thinking about this a little, I believe that a future solution may take
the form of a flag that identifies certain transactions as book-close
transactions, then let the reports decide how to deal with them. I agree
that use of a "fake date" doesn't make sense in the current era of
computation.