Error compiling from trunk in Ubuntu 9.10

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 13:06:13 EST 2010

Today I upgraded from Ubuntu 9.04 to 9.10, and gnucash threw an error
when trying to compile, whereas it worked fine under 9.04

A few days ago I had grabbed trunk using svn as described at
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_9.04_.28Jaunty_Jackalope.29
 and it compiled perfectly

Today, after the upgrade, I went through the steps at
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building#Ubuntu_9.10_.28Karmic_Koala.29
to get the updated libraries, and got the error (listed below). On IRC
Warlord suggested I try deleting the directories and pulling a fresh
copy out of svn, which I did. Same error.

My configure line:
./configure --prefix=$HOME/unstable/gnucash --enable-debug
--enable-doxygen --enable-error-on-warning --enable-compile-warnings

The error:
In file included from gnc-backend-sql.c:48:
gnc-backend-sql.h:718: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘/’ token
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
gnc-backend-sql.c: In function ‘gnc_sql_init_object_handlers’:
gnc-backend-sql.c:910: error: implicit declaration of function
‘gnc_sql_init_account_handler’