GtkHtml causes Windows build to crash

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Feb 17 04:06:53 EST 2010

On Tuesday 16 February 2010, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 February 2010, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > Zitat von Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>:
> > > The switch to GtkHtml seems to cause the Windows build to crash on
> > > any attempt to open a report.
> > > But obviously in the current state, the Windows build is worse off with
> > > GtkHtml than with Webkit.
> >
> > Yes. That's unfortunate and it was unexpected. The blame isn't on you
> > but rather on the missing part of the release process where we don't
> > test the resulting windows binary at all...
> >
> > > I can revert my change, and set Webkit back as the html renderer. At
> > > least that will eliminate the crash.
> > >
> > > But according to bug #591177, the 2.4 release on windows should be
> > > using GtkHtml. So simply reverting to Webkit is only pushing the
> > > problem ahead of us in the future.
> >
> > Yes, but I guess that's the current way to at least get back into a
> > working version. I propose we revert back to webkit, and in order to
> > distinguish the newly working windows build from the broken 2.3.9
> > build we already switch to a release version 2.3.10.
> >
> > You can revert, increase the version number, and tag right away (I'm
> > away from SVN access currently).
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Christian
>
> Done.
>
> Geert

I noticed version 2.3.10 didn't build this night. There's no build log, so it
looks like the build didn't even start.

Is there something I didn't do right ?
I have
- changed the version number in configure.in
- ran an svn cp from trunk to tags/2.3.10

I am not aware of other things that have to be done.

Also, if the build is successful, I don't think I have the right permissions
to copy the necessary files to sourceforge.

Geert