GNUCash compiled against Guile 1.9.x for Guile profiler?

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Wed Feb 24 11:44:37 EST 2010

Guile 1.9.x appears to have a "real" profiler, if I can ever get it to
build on Ubuntu Karmic. Not unsurprisingly, I wasn't successful in my
admittedly brief efforts in getting the profiler to run with Guile 1.6.

I had searched the archives about Guile 1.9 or 2.0 and found very little
beyond some patches and concerns about some potential incompatibilities
with Guile 2.0. Before I spend any more time on getting Guile 1.9.x to
build, is there any experience already on building GNUCash against 1.9.x?

Jeff