Files twice in doc/Makfile.am

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Feb 24 13:55:02 EST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 24. Februar 2010 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> Hi,
>
> I this in doc/Makefile.am
>
> <snip>...

> It seems to me that a number of files are include in EXTRA_DIST twice,
>  namely everything that is already included in doc_DATA. Is there a reason
>  for this redundancy, or can I clean it up ?

You can clean it up. The only important part is that in some (newer?) versions
of make or automake, the doc_DATA files can automatically be packages (but I
think this required a dist_doc_DATA variable or similar), whereas on some
other (older?) versions those would not get packaged. Eventually, only
EXTRA_DIST files are for sure always packaged.

Christian