r18711 - gnucash/trunk - Bug #610348: Add compiling our own binary of libbonoboui because the ftp.gnome.org binary still depends on the obsolete libxml2.dll.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Feb 25 06:03:29 EST 2010

Zitat von Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>:
>> Author: cstim
>> Date: 2010-02-23 15:10:31 -0500 (Tue, 23 Feb 2010)
>> New Revision: 18711
>> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/18711

> Christian,
>
> With your fix for libbonoboui on Windows, I see you patch its config.ac file
> to remove all the popt tests.
>
> On the other hand, the install scripts still download and install popt. Is
> that still required ?

I think popt is indeed still required. Note that I also only remove
the ./configure check because it failed and I was too lazy to fix the
test. The library itself is still used and linked against (note the
POPT_LIBS variable I set in install.sh). I think this one and several
others of the gnome DLLs still depend on popt.dll, so yes, we still
need this.

Feel free to remove any mention of popt from gnucash, though. Thanks
for this cleaning-up work.

Regards,

Christian