Windows build failed

Simon Ruggier simon80 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 07:44:32 EST 2010

Perhaps it's misleading to say that one can't build GnuCash against
Debian's guile-1.8 packages, since the missing guile-1.8-slib package
would only create two files, which can be manually installed by doing
the following as root:
ln -s ../../slib/ /usr/share/guile/1.8/
guile -c "(use-modules (ice-9 slib)) (require 'new-catalog)"

After doing the above, I can build successfully using Debian's
guile-1.8-dev package. I don't know anything about Guile, so I can't
comment on how this issue could or should be handled on other
platforms.