Regarding summing accounts for the main accounts page

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 4 12:35:17 EST 2010

FireFly <fireflys_98 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Asked on the User list, but didn't get any response there (and I've just joined this list since I'm beginning to play with the code gently)
>
> I always thought it odd that the Total column contained all sub-accounts, but the present column (the main other one that I personally use) doesn't contain sub-accounts.
>
> Does anyone know why this was done? Looking at the code it seems to be intentional, I've compiled my own version of 2.3.8 that does accumulate sub-accounts for present column and it works just fine (at least so far) so, just curious.

I suggest you run 'svn blame' to figure out who last changed that line
of code (and the changeset) and then go read the log message for that
changeset.  Maybe it will give you some insight.  Personally I don't know.