TXF categories for French tax system

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 06:35:53 EST 2010

Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:

> Am Thursday 07 January 2010 00:34:37 schrieb Parker Jones:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I saw that gnucash comes with German tax categories and at first glance
>> this appears to be working when when gnucash is started with a German
>> locale.
>
> The current german tax files are only designed for a VAT/GST declaration -

> eventually I will upload a first sketch for an income declaration to
> bugzilla.
>
> A few words about history: In December 2004 Christian created the files as
> proof of concept and asked for testing. Since 2007 they are used in the
> german business account template SKR04. IIRC, the Winston/ELSTER
electronic
> export to tax authorities is incomplete, but probably Jannick knows the
> trick?

I manually updated the files txf_de_DE.scm and txf-help-de_DE.scm for German
VAT purposes after some changes in the recent years. It is essential to keep
the keys in the two files consistent, otherwise GnuCash will crash on
start-up.

In order to associate the keys to some accounts go to Edit > Tax Options.
There you see the information in the right window saved in the help-file.

I do not have any interface for the monthly VAT reporting. I simply enter
five figures at most in the web interface form of the German tax
authorities.

I should add that my programming knowledge is limited to zero, so only some
amendment in files on my Windows machine were possible for me.

>> This led me to wonder whether it might be possible to create
>> something similar for the French tax system.
>>
>> On IRC Warlord suggested I should contact Christian on this list.
>>
>> Digging around, the main changes seem to be:
>>
>> ./scm/txf.scm  ->  txf-de_DE.scm
>> ./guile-modules/gnucash/report/taxtxf.scm  ->  taxtxf-de_DE.scm
>> ./guile-modules/gnucash/report/locale-specific/us.scm  ->  de_DE.scm
>> ./guile-modules/gnucash/tax/us.scm  -->  de_DE.scm
>
> Because it initially was a proof of concept, the file hierarchy is
suboptimal.
> I would suggest, to use iso coded directories like in accounts: en_US,
de_DE,
> fr_FR, ... both in src/tax and in src/report/locale-specific. Apparently
we
> should then also move/adjust the existing files.
>
>> Are there any others I missed?  The diffs don't look very large, but
there
>> seems to be a fair bit of duplicated code.

Did you already keep track of the help-file as mentioned above?

> Yes, there are only small adjustments, to get the the currency fields of
the
> german form UStVA in a report. I assume, because we didn't know the
meaning
> and specs of TXF, 1040 ...
>
>> I'm willing to try to create a French version but just wanted to see if
>> anything is already being done in this area.
>
> Good luck!
>
>> Cheers,
>> Parker
>
> Cheers
> Frank

I would highly appreciate if VAT split txns and VAT reporting were amended
in GnuCash. I am willing to volunteer for testing.

Best wishes,
J.