Closing books: reference date

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 11 13:19:02 EST 2010

"Jannick Asmus" <jannick.news at gmail.com> writes:

> It seems to me that the reference date for picking txns in the closing
> book module is "date-entered". I suspect it should be "date-posted" to
> have revenues and expenses appropriately attributed to the closed
> period.
>
> Working with GC 2.2.9 on Win Vista.

Um, the code in question just calls xaccAccountGetBalanceAsOfDate()
which should use the Post date of the transactions.  In other words,
it shouldn't matter *when* you enter a transaction, but rather whatever
date you put into the register.

And indeed, looking at the code it DOES use DatePosted, so it's behaving
correctly.