Any prognosis for when 2.4 is due?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Jan 11 15:03:26 EST 2010

Am Sonntag, 10. Januar 2010 schrieb Phil Longstaff:
> On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 14:00 -0500, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > As far as major pieces for 2.4, the last thing is webkit on windows
> > (webkit on linux/mac seem to work fine, webkit on windows has some
> > really bad bugs - fonts unreadable if you print a report).  I'm working
> > on that now, and hope soon to either have a fix or else we'll need to
> > pull webkit out on windows and go back to gtkhtml.
>
> Well, it appears as though the latest webkit/win32 build does *not* fix
> the printing font size issue, so I propose that on win32, we stick with
> gtkhtml.

That's the only useful option for us right now, indeed. Thanks for looking
this up.

> I will update the schedule on the wiki, but will propose a schedule
> something like:
>
> 2.3.9 (3rd week of January) - String freeze
> 2.3.10 (3rd week of February) - Major bug fixes
> 2.3.11, 2.3.12, ... Weeks to follow - major bug fixes/translation issues
> only

Sounds good!

> Sometime in late February, I am going to need some surgery and will be
> out of commission for a few weeks (up to 6-8 weeks).  Either 2.3.X
> releases will need to wait with a large gap, or else someone else will
> need to handle the release process during my absence.

I'm sorry to hear about the surgery, and I hope it will all work out well and
you get well again soon.

As for the release issues: I'd volunteer to handle one or two released in this
time frame, February/March, so your proposed schedule sounds good here.

Regards,

Christian