GNUCash for non profits

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Thu Jan 14 09:37:36 EST 2010

Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:

>Am Wednesday 13 January 2010 23:01:07 schrieb Mike or Penny Novack:
>

>>As treasurer of a 501(c)3 ...
>>

>I fear, outside of USA not much people know the meanig of 501(c)3.
>
>Best wishes
>Frank

Sorry --- that's ONE type of non-profit here in the US. Donations to it
are tax deductible. There are other types of non-profits donations to
which would also be tax deductible but following different rules. There
are also types of non-profits which don't pay taxes but donations to
which are not tax deductible.

As anywhere else, tax laws are quite complicated. I'm sure outside the
US you have different rules and different designations. Here the names
in some cases derive from the section of the tax code (501(c)3 an
example of that) and in others form acronyms (PAC and example of that).

Michael

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.