Re: Advanced Budget Report Question

apowell656@gmail.com apowell656 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:56:52 EST 2010

Forest,
I agree with your response and I am not interested in changing any rules of finance. A simpler solution from how the current report is built would be to add another section for assets and liabilities, based on the BBS layout and formula. A user could either project for either or just one (me personally would just like to see liabilities I am paying for).

This would address the fact that currently there is no way to project a balanced budget without exporting the info to a spreadsheet or manually calculating the information. Where in my opinion both of these options are more time consuming whether at setup(spreadsheet) or at the time of (calculator) .

Needless to say my wishlist would be one of the following; if there is a way to actually pay on a liability and to get it to report as an expense that would be all the better for this report, or GnuCash to actually show the totals in the built in report so a user could get the info from one screen.

Best regards,
Andre Powell
(This is the first long email I have written on my Eris and not so bad of an experience)