Menu string change "Income Ta_x Options"; was: TXF categories for French tax system

Frank H. Ellenberger f.ellenberger at online.de
Mon Jan 18 22:51:40 EST 2010

Dear Alex,

I really like your patches, because I see them also opening new possibilities
for the german tax reports e.g. Bug 432143 -  Dialog "Edit->Tax Options": we
need also buttons to select from 1. assets, 2. liabilities

And yes, we should avoid the ambiguity. But I believe, this string change took
the wrong direction.
As in the current state, with locale=C there is only the US income tax report,
but in the future somebody could also add one (fed) or more (locale) US sales
tax reports and then the string would change again and all translators had to
translate the new string again, while nothing in their locale reports
changed.

So I would suggest, to name this menu entry "Ta_x Report Options" with a
tooltip like "Define relations between tax report fields and accounts".
Opional one could insert a "Sales" or "VAT/GST" in the Business menu entry
string.

Just my 2 Pfennig
Frank