MySQL timeout and no attempt reconnect.

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 08:36:21 EST 2010

Gnucash SVN r18580 on Fedora 11.

If I leave Gnucash open and I'm using MySQL dbi the connection eventually
times out, 8 hours is default for MySQL I think.  If I make any changes to an
account I get a message box "Unable to save to database" (twice).  I would
have thought that the Gnucash should attempt a reconnect rather than give up
and warn the user.  Confusingly though the account change is shown in the
account which may lead to people thinking that the change has been recorded
when in fact it hasn't.   Of course on closing, Gnucash again warns that it
was unable to save to database.  On re-starting Gnucash the new or changed
entry is, of course, missing.

Last entries in gnucash.trace...

* 00:26:04 DEBUG <gnc.backend.dbi> [conn_commit_transaction] COMMIT
* 00:26:04 DEBUG <gnc.backend.dbi> [enter gnc-backend-
dbi.c:gnc_dbi_session_end()]
* 00:26:04 DEBUG <gnc.backend.dbi> [leave gnc_dbi_session_end()]

As you can see session end occurred in the night when Gnucash was not being
used.  Nothing was logged on attempting to change and account.

--
GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/