GnuCash on CentOS 5

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jan 26 04:47:16 EST 2010

In an attempt to check if the glade-3 generated files still work on
Centos/RHEL5, I tried to build the current trunk on a fully updated Centos 5.

I didn't get that far though. GC trunk requires swig >= 1.3.31. Centos 5 ships
with swig 1.3.29.

Swig is shipped from CentOS base, which means that support repositories such
as Epel (which holds GnuCash by the way) can't ship a more recent version.

As things stand now, it's not possible to build Gnucash trunk from svn on
CentOS/RHEL.

What was the reason to bump swig to 1.3.31 ?

Geert