r18579 - gnucash/trunk/src/gnome/glade - Bug #607517: Migrate print.glade from glade-2 to glade-3 format.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 26 11:06:10 EST 2010

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> The problem with glade2/glade3 is that it is getting increasingly
> difficult to obtain a glade-2 program. For example, the recent Ubuntu
> versions (which I happen to use) don't offer any glade-2 package
> anymore, only glade-3.
>
> Also, please keep a close look on what actually has changed here:
> Except from the removed DOCTYPE line at the top of the file, the rest
> of the changes are *solely* indentation changes. As Geert already
> pointed out: It is important to keep the correct "interface-requires"
> comment line in there, but apart from this, I can't see that any of
> our target platforms wouldn't be able to read this file.

Fair enough.  I didn't take a very close look at what exactly changed in
the file.  It's hard to follow some indentation changes.

> A completely different issue is the question whether we allow the
> usage of new widgets, which would increase the required minimum gtk
> version. We decided not to do this ATM, but this discussion is
> orthogonal to whether the glade xml indentations should be kept at
> glade-2 or can be upgraded to glade-3 file by file.

Point made.  Yes, we shouldn't require newer widgets yet.  But you're
right that file indentation doesn't matter.  So long as an older
libglade will read the file then I don't really have any objection.