What does "Int" mean?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Jan 29 11:39:59 EST 2010

On Friday 29 January 2010, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:
> > On Friday 29 January 2010, Yasuaki Taniguchi/谷口康明 wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Derek said,

> > That's indeed what Derek said, but I he doesn't say "Int" and "Interest"
> > have different meanings or that Interest in the A/R and A/P context means
> > something differently from "Interest" in the rest of the program. I think
> > they don't. Interest is supposed to be the same thing throughout the
> > program.
> >
> > Derek just referred to the internal implementation of the two action
> > lists. The general purpose action list is much longer than the action
> > list for A/P and A/R accounts. That's why different action lists are set
> > up.
> >
> > So I think it is ok to just change "Int" to "Interest".
> >
> > (Derek, I trust you will correct me if I misunderstood)
>
> You're correct.

Ok, I have changed 'Int' to 'Interest' in revision 18587. There was more than
one occurrence, so I changed all of them to be consistent.

There was also one time 'Div' in the portfolio action items. The comment with
it said this to mean 'Dividend', so I changed that one as well. But in other
places in GnuCash, the word 'Dividends' is used and not 'Dividend'. So I
wonder, should the action item also be in the plural form ?

Geert