Auto-clear

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:20:12 EST 2010

Hi,

On 1/29/10 5:44 PM, Cristian KLEIN said:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Please review and give your opinions about a feature I would like to
> add to GnuCash called "auto-clear". [1]

First of all, this looks like a big effort and a very interesting idea.
I'm very excited to see how it works out. Many thanks for putting in the
time.

I just have some minor nitpicks, but I'm not sure of the proper way to
comment on a patch in Bugzilla (and my application for a Bugzilla
account hasn't gotten a response yet) so I'm going to reference lines in
the patch by quoting them and their line number. Here goes:

273. +  "ActionsAutoCleanAction",

Shouldn't this be:

"ActionsAutoClearAction",

344. + * published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of   *
345. + * the License, or (at your option) any later version.              *

Can parts of GnuCash be distributed under GPL v2 or later while others
are distributed as GPL v2 only? Are these two licensing options
compatible? I'm just raising this because of the recent thread (
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2010-January/thread.html#27208
).

464. +    Split *split = node->data;
482.
496.

Since node->data has type gpointer (or void*), maybe we should cast this:

Split* split = (Split*)(node->data);

The auto-clear algorithm itself seems very clever and completely over my
head right now :-) but I'll keep looking at it.

Thanks for putting this up,

Yawar