trying to understand how to make an entry

Robert L. Brush III gnucash at wvit.net
Fri Jan 29 21:47:24 EST 2010

> In quickbooks, I simply entered a bill and paid it, or

To enter a bill
Business>>Vendor>>New Bill

To pay the same bill
Business>>Vendor>>Process Payment

> created an invoice and received a payment for it

To create an invoice
Business>>Customer>>New Invoice

To receive payments against the same
Business>>Customer>>Process Payment

You can't type in the box labeled "Customer" or "Vendor" even though you
can click it and get a cursor, no typing, when creating a new
transaction just get used to pushing the "Select" button next to it to
search or enter a new "Customer" or "Vendor"

Also if you use linux you can make keyboard shortcuts to make data entry
super fast, I'm not sure if you can with the windows version.

  -Bob